Friday, May 20, 2011

These Dreams


Lately I've felt super inspired by a certain Danish singer/song writer named Oh Land. She creates out of anything and maybe because she's not a Westerner but she seems to really have little shame in what she does. She is fully expressive and when she decides to cover her face in glitter, she does it! Link
To me it relates to a childlike nature. When a kid wants something, for the most part, they just go for it. Now, how that can be related and used as an adult is actually quite simple. Don't react to all the little things. Or as it's more commonly put, chill out! A repeating theme lately in my life is reaction. We are programed to immediately feel emotion and express it to the full extent. What I see in Oh Land (Nanna Øland Fabricius) is the ability to have almost a detachment from life just so that she is capable of giving what she feels is right as a reaction. Not caring about the little judgments that people put out in the world. Putting out only what is useful to her. No exaggerations or dramatic antics.
Sometimes I feel there is a fine line between creative personality and over the top personality (depending on the person) but then again, who am I to judge?

Just what's going on in my head right now..

ta ta

Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment